What Is Toyota Safety Sense?
Whether you spend the majority of your time driving a car full of passengers or just yourself, it’s absolutely imperative that you’re protected from harm at all times. Moreover, your vehicle shouldn’t just cushion you from an impact; it should actively help you avoid danger in the first place. This is where Toyota Safety Sense™1 comes into play! Today, the at Molle Toyota is here to tell you more about this technology and how it works to keep you and your loved ones out of harm’s way.
As more and more customers place vehicle safety at the top of their wish lists, Toyota has been raising the bar when it comes to this indispensable aspect of its lineup. For this reason, many new models include this suite of preventive technology as standard, like the and 2019 RAV4. That means that whether you’re seeking a family-friendly crossover or a work-ready truck, you’ll be protected. For a full list of current and previous models with TSS, feel free to get in touch with our staff.
So, what features are included as part of Toyota Safety Sense™1? The latest TSS 2.0 suite addresses the three primary accident types2—frontal collisions, unintended lane departures, and impaired visibility—with its Pre-Collision System3, Lane Departure Warning with Steering Assist and Road Edge Detection4, and Automatic High Beams5. In addition, you could also benefit from Dynamic Radar Cruise Control6, as this advancement automatically maintains both a preset speed and following distance from the vehicle ahead to ensure that you maintain a safe buffer zone. This feature is enhanced with Lane Tracing Assist7 in newer models to also keep you centered in your lane.
Toyota Safety Awards
Thanks to the incredible capabilities of TSS, many of the latest Toyota vehicles have gained significant accolades from industry professionals when it comes to safety. For instance, the 2019 iterations of the Camry and Avalon were both named an IIHS Top Safety Pick+8, whereas the Corolla, Corolla Hatchback Prius, Prius Prime, and Highlander all received nods as a Top Safety Pick9 in their respective segments. These awards take factors such as front crash prevention and headlight rating into account to choose the best of the best, so it speaks volumes that so many Toyota vehicles were recognized for their safety capabilities. If you’re interested in testing any of these rides out, swing by the dealership as soon as you can.
What is Toyota Safety Sense? This suite of intuitive safety advancements comes standard on most new Toyotas and is ready to give you the confidence to travel just about anywhere. The knowledgeable associates at Molle Toyota are prepared to tell you more, so don’t hesitate to with any questions on your mind!
New Sales Hours
|Monday||8:30 am - 8:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 8:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am - 8:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am - 8:00 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||8:30 am - 6:00 pm|
"Good customer service "
"EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM A FRIENDLY STAFF."
"quick service, quite satisfied."
"Provide just what I needed "
"Fair, fast, and friendly"
"First time service"
"Always great service"
" THE PLACE to buy a new Toyota. Forget Adams!"
First time service
"Great staff but problem still unsolved"
Great staff but problem still unsolved
Molle service people are the best!
Great as usual.
"Great as usual."
"Molle service people are the best!"
1. Drivers are responsible for their own safe driving. Always pay attention to your surroundings and drive safely. System effectiveness is dependent on many factors including road, weather, and vehicle conditions. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
2. According to manufacturer brochure.
3. The Pre-Collision System is designed to help reduce the crash speed and damage in certain frontal collisions only. It is not a collision-avoidance system and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, driver input and road conditions. See your Owner’s Manual for further information.
4. Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist is designed to read visible lane markers under certain conditions. It provides a visual and audible alert and slight steering force when lane departure is detected. It is not a collision-avoidance system or substitute for safe and attentive driving. Effectiveness is dependent on many factors including road, weather and vehicle conditions. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
5. Automatic High Beams operates at speeds above 25 mph. Situations such as a dirty windshield, variable weather, lighting conditions and hilly terrain will limit effectiveness, requiring the driver to manually turn off. See Owner's Manual for details.
6. Dynamic Radar Cruise Control is designed to assist the driver and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving practices. Please see your Owner’s Manual for important instructions and cautions.
7. Lane Tracing Assist is designed to read visible lane markers and detect other vehicles under certain conditions. When potential lane departure is detected, LTA provides a visual warning and either an audible alert or vibration in the steering wheel and can apply slight steering force. It is not a collision-avoidance system or a substitute for safe and attentive driving. Effectiveness is dependent on many factors including road, weather and vehicle conditions. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.